[Rtir] Modify RTIR_FindIP.pm script to filter IPs

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jun 19 17:39:25 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 12:02:21PM -0400, David Moreau Simard wrote:
> We're giving RTIR v3.0RC1 a test drive and I added a layer of
> regular expression to prevent mapping IPv4 addresses to custom
> fields if it's CIDR range is not specified in the RTIR_Config.pm.
> The modifications adds a dependency (yikes) to Net::IP::Match::Regexp.
>
> It works pretty well. If you are interested, I'd be glad to
> contribute the modification back to github or other means if you are
> interested.
>
> I tried to figure out which branch v3.0RC1 is based off of but I got
> lost quickly.

The branch is 2.9-trunk which will become 3.0-trunk when we're ready
for the final release (so 2.5-trunk was the dev series for 2.6-trunk
and over on RT we're working on 4.0-trunk and will eventually have
some 4.1 releases while we get ready for 4.2-trunk, etc).

https://github.com/bestpractical/rtir/tree/2.9-trunk

I'm not entirely sure if this is best served as a merge into core or
as an extension, but the code would be interesting to see.

-kevin