[Rtir] One-time Bcc and TO headers

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Mar 22 10:11:16 EDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 04:49:24PM +0100, Marco Thorbruegge wrote:
> when i reply in an investigation, and i put email adresses into the
> "One-time CC:" or "One-time Bcc:" fields, those recipients receive an
> email, where the TO: header is empty.
>
> The correspondent, on the other hand, receives an email which is OK,
> besides that the CC: header was deleted when RTIR sent out the email.
>
> Is there any way to change that behaviour? In particular: I'd like to
> have the TO header intact, when BCCing people.
>
> We use BCC when we send notifications to all of our clients. Putting
> all of them as correspondent in an investigation would not be an
> option, as we'd not want to reveal the email adresses.

For things that are not RTIR specific, you're going to find
better/faster answers asking on rt-users (or searching the rt-users
archive).

You'll want to review the Scrips in your RT system.  One-time *
recipients are called "Other Recipients" so you could delete 2 scrips
and create one that notifies Requestors and Other Recipients, or make
one giant Scrip that notifies everyone, but be aware of some caveats:
RT generates one email for everyone, so you'll only get one Template
to use for all of your correspondents.  It can also be confusing when
the Users that were Bcc'ed reply-all and reply to RT AND the people in
the To: line.

-kevin