[Rtir] Install problems

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Oct 12 18:39:30 EDT 2012

Kevin,

On 12/10/12 19:01, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 08:22:55AM +0100, Tony Arnold wrote:
>> OK, I can do that. ON the default home page should there be a menu item
>> to take you to RTIR? I can't see on on my system and there was on a much
>> older version that we run.
>
> There is a menu.  Based on your screenshot, I'm surprised you can go
> to RTIR/index.html and have it work at all.

Nope, no menu for RTIR!

>> http://picpaste.com/Screenshot_from_2012-10-12_08_09_02-vQKlS4Sp.png
>
> This is what that should look like
> http://user.bestpractical.com/~falcone/tmp/2012-10-12nI3ESL4p-rtir.png
>
> So, let's back up to exactly how you installed RTIR.

I basically followed the instructions in the README file. Similarly for
RTFM which also doesn't show up in the menu.

Unpacked the tar ball; ran 'perl Makefile.PL'; installed some missing
perl modules such as the business hours, business SLA and the Regex CIDR
modules; I ran the Makefile.PL again to confirm the missing modules were
now there and it reported all was OK.

I then ran 'make install' followed by 'make initdb'. I also modified the
RT_SiteConfig.pm file to set @Plugins to include RT::FM and RT::IR.
Finally I restarted the Apache web server.

I didn't install any of the suggested extensions. Neither did I do any
configuring.

Step 5 of the Configuring RTIR section of the README mentions a
"require" line. I presume this means the Set(@Plugins line?

And that's it.

All of the above was done as root on the machine. RT etc is installed in
/opt/rt3/

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold,                        Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 6093
Head of IT Security,                Fax: +44 (0) 705 344 3082
Manchester M13 9PL.                 Email: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk