[Rtir] Odd Blocks reports

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Nov 25 15:07:53 EST 2013

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 03:19:54PM +0000, Peter Bates wrote:
> Using RT's configuration interface, add the email address
>    of the Network Operations Team (the people who will handle
>    activating and removing Blocks) as AdminCC on the Blocks queue.
>    RT -> Queues -> Blocks -> Watchers
>
> The emails it generates lack a 'To:' field (I can see this is because
> the message is a BCC) which is leading to confusion in our Networking team.
>
> The email also contains at the top:
>
> Fri Nov 22 14:37:20 2013: Request 6758 was acted upon.
>  Transaction: Ticket created by xxx
>        Queue: Blocks
>      Subject: Brute force block for 6 hosts
>        Owner: xxx
>   Requestors:
>  Ticket <URL: https://rt.cert.ucl.ac.uk/Ticket/Display.html?id=6758 >
>
> As they can't access the RTIR interface this is also causing confusion.
>
> Is this generated from a template, or where do I go to change this
> - - and can I set up the Blocks queue to just have the Network team
> as a standard To: / correspondent and not BCC or CC?

All of these emails that RT sends are controlled by Scrips and
generate content from a Template.

I suspect you want to go to
Tools -> Configuration -> Queues -> Blocks
    Scrips
        Look at what is configured on that QUeue
    Templates
        Look at the content of the templates

You may want a Queue Level Admin Correspondence template on this
Queue, or you could just make the Netops folks Queue Ccs instead of
AdminCcs, especially since they're never logging in to RT.

If they're going to stay AdminCcs and really can't deal with an empty
To line, you may want to look into
http://bestpractical.com/docs/rt/latest/RT_Config.html#UseFriendlyToLine

-kevin