[Rtir] Removing custom fields

Post, Erik SOC erik.post at office.ziggo.nl
Wed Jan 14 02:34:33 EST 2015

No, not causing an issue, just clutter
Thx for the swift response.

Regards,

Erik

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: rtir [mailto:rtir-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] Namens Kevin Falcone
Verzonden: dinsdag 13 januari 2015 22:00
Aan: rtir at lists.bestpractical.com
Onderwerp: Re: [Rtir] Removing custom fields

* PGP Signed by an unknown key

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 12:41:30PM +0000, Post, Erik SOC wrote:
> Throughout getting to know the system a lot of custom fields have been
> created in our installation. I'd like to clean these up, but somehow I
> can't find out how to delete them. Disabling is no problem, be a
> problem, am I overlooking something? Or is there simply no possibility
> to permanently delete them?

Very few things in RT are ever deleted, this includes Custom Fields.
Marking them disabled is the correct thing to do.

Are disabled Custom Fields causing some sort of issue?

While it's technically possible to delete a custom field (and all related records in other tables) it's rarely needed.

-kevin

* Unknown Key
* 0x9E42250A

This message is confidential and may be privileged. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, taking any action with reference to this information by persons other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message from all computers. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. The sender will not accept liability for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this message.

Spaar het milieu door deze e-mail niet te printen/Please consider the environment before printing this email.