[rtir] Survey - Constituency Propagation

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Mar 24 17:09:08 EDT 2015

I'm in the midst of some work to significantly modernize RTIR's
constituency functionality.  As part of this work, we're revisiting the
'Constituency Propagation' configuration option.

Right now, there are 3 possible constituency propagation algorithms:

	'no', 'inherit', and 'reject'

The current design can be somewhat...confusing to administrators, to
say nothing of what it does to poor developers who try to modify it.

I intend to remove either 'no' or 'inherit' as a constituency propagation
option for RTIR 3.4.

I suspect that nobody is using 'inherit' and expect that that will be
the option I remove, but I'd like to hear from a larger sample set of
RTIR users before the change happens.

If you currently use one of those two options, please drop me mail
(at jesse at bestpractical.com) to tell me which you use and just how
catastrophic it would be if the option went away.

Thanks,

Jesse