[rtir] [rt-announce] New site for the RT Wiki

Jim Brandt jbrandt at bestpractical.com
Fri Jun 17 12:58:56 EDT 2016

Hello RT Users,

Best Practical is moving the RT wiki to a new hosting site!

If you've used the RT community wiki over the years, you may have
noticed the ads have increased quite a bit on Wikia. To make sure RT
users have a productive environment to share their RT knowledge, we're
moving to our own hosted wiki so you can focus just on reading about and
sharing RT knowledge.

We need your help to complete the cut-over.

The new wiki is now available here:

https://rt-wiki.bestpractical.com

We have copied over all of the great content from the current wiki and
now we'd like you to check the new site and confirm the content has been
copied correctly. Also, we're unable to move the accounts, so we'd like
you to sign up for a new account and try editing some pages.

Our plan is to welcome feedback for the next 2 weeks and fix any issues
you discover. Assuming there are no major issues, on Wednesday, June 29,
we're targeting a cut-over where we'll make the new wiki the primary RT
wiki. Shortly after that, we'll work on turning off the version on Wikia.

You can see current changes and issues, and add new ones, here:

https://rt-wiki.bestpractical.com/index.php?title=Wikia_Move

Or send email to us at feedback at bestpractical.com

We hope you like the new wiki site and as always, thanks for your help
and support for RT!

Best Practical