[Shipwright] Shipwright 2.4.31 and @INC

David Good dgood at willingminds.com
Mon May 7 20:10:03 EDT 2012

I've been attempting to build a vessel incorporating perl 5.14.2 and
have been having a lot of trouble getting CPAN modules I've also
included to build properly.  I think I've finally tracked down the
problem.  Shipwright is building and installing them under
%%INSTALL_BASE%%/lib/perl5 but apparently since perl 5.12.0 only the
version-specific directories are included in @INC (i.e.
%%INSTALL_BASE%%/lib/perl5/5.14.2 ).

I'm not sure how to proceed -- should I build perl hardcoded to use the
non-versioned directories or do I need to tweak the build scripts for
all of the modules?  I'm kinda leaning towards the former since I'm not
that interested in having multiple versions of perl in my vessel :-)  Is
there a newer version of Shipwright that'll do the right thing?