[svk-devel] [Patch] svk user preferences

Michael Hendricks michael at ndrix.org
Fri Aug 25 13:43:03 EDT 2006

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 08:41:52AM -0400, David Glasser wrote:
> Awesome, this'll be great!

Thanks.

> * "command-switches" kind of implies that it only works for, well,
> switches.  Maybe "default-arguments" or something instead?

Good point.  I wonder if default-command-arguments is too long.  I'll
move this particular discussion point over to IRC.

> * We probably want some sort of --without-defaults too, but that can
> be added later.

Agreed.

> * I'm still not sure if it's better to do auto-shellwords-splitting of
> the defaults or just use YAML array syntax... probably it's better the
> way you have it.

I like the shellwords approach because it makes the configuration
directive look like the default command-line that I want.  For other
config options, I think YAML's array syntax will be better.

> * Dumb YAML question: why doesn't the file have to begin with ---?

According to the YAML 1.1 spec, the first YAML document in a YAML stream
doesn't require a preceding "document boundary marker" ("---").  So I
guess I've just developed a lazy habit of leaving it out.

--
Michael