[svk-devel] SVK 1.99_04 memory requirements

Chia-Liang Kao clkao at clkao.org
Wed Dec 20 18:38:49 EST 2006

On 20/12/06, Alexander Wolfson <alexander.wolfson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a big repository that includes linux kernel and Qtopia.
>
> I tried to change a directory structure and moved some directories including
> kernel and Qtopia on the not mirrored branch
>
> When I tried to
>
> svk smerge -s -B NOT_MIRRORED_BRANCH MIRRORED_TRUNK

There are two issues here:
1. your moved directories aren't probably going to be merged properly
to the mirrored_trunk, as svk 1 doesn't quite do the right thing for
copied or renamed nodes across merge.  This is fixed in svk 2.
2. the rename would then results in massive amount of node addition,
rather than just a copy.  the leak might be coming from there.  Though
it might have been fixed in svk 2.

Cheers,
CLK