[svk-devel] svk 2.0.0 is released. [win32]

Joshua Jensen jjensen at workspacewhiz.com
Fri Dec 29 15:23:58 EST 2006

Kevin Light wrote:
> ----- Joshua Jensen <jjensen at workspacewhiz.com> wrote:
>
>> BTW, I'm more than happy to use somebody else's 2.0.0 Windows install,
>> since I'm a Perl dweeb. There just isn't one posted yet.
>>

> If you want to give http://kevinhlight.googlepages.com/svkwin32 a try until I get the the newest built.  I've not used it heavily, so it may break, use with caution.

I got around to testing it, and I ran into the following issues:

    * It is SO SLOW to start up.  I imagine this is the PAR thing you've
      been talking about.  If it is going to be so much slower to use,
      why go down that path?
    * I use a modified bin/svk that starts at the working directory and
      scans up the directory chain looking for an svk.ini.  When found,
      it reads each line in and sets it into $ENV.  This way, I can have
      multiple SVK repositories and have the environment set dependent
      on where SVK is run from.  I've posted a patch for this before,
      but there seemed to be no interest, so I just apply it myself each
      time.  I am unsure if SVK 2.0 offers something similar.  An
      example follows.  Anyway, due to the .exe packed up, I can't apply
      my patch.

SVKROOT=p:\repos
SVKDIFF="c:\Program Files\kdiff3\kdiff3.exe"
SVKMERGE="c:\Program Files\kdiff3\kdiff3.exe"

Josh