[svk-devel] Help moving a non-mirrored depotpath to a mirrored one

Kenneth Swanson kswanson at watson.wustl.edu
Thu Nov 2 13:29:21 EST 2006

I wasn't sure where to post questions for using svk, so I hope it's okay
to use this list.

I'm starting to use svk, and it's cool.  I've got a problem now, though,
that I'm not sure how to work out.

Myself and another developer are starting to work on a project, and he
set up an svn repository for it.  However, before he did this, I had
started to work on it, and I want to work and have version control for
myself.  So, I created a depotpath in SVK, but didn't have it mirrored
to anything.

Now, I have the real repository mirrored in my SVK, and I want to move
from files from my non-mirrored depotpath to the mirrored one, while
keeping the revision changes I had.  However, when I use svk cp on a
file, it says

Different sources.

I tried svk import -f on the non-mirrored checkout, but I got the error

Import path (/distro/WWW-NCBITraceArchive-my-corner/bin) is different from the copath (/Sentry/trunk/bin/complete_accepted_read_submissions.pl)

Does anybody have an ideas?  Am I going about this the wrong way?  Is
this the preferred way to get non-mirrored version control with svk?
And finally, am I bugging the wrong people by mailing this list?

Thanks for any help,
-Ken

--
Kenneth Swanson <kswanson at watson.wustl.edu>