[svk-devel] failure after renaming a mirrored path

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Tue Nov 7 04:17:12 EST 2006

I have a mirror in /mydepot/mirror/some-very-long-name.
I want to rename it to a short name.  So I do this:

    svk mv /mydepot/mirror/some-very-long-name /mydepot/mirror/shortname

and then things go horribly wrong.

The "svk mv" command internally does two commits, first to do what I
asked, and second with a log message that claims "svk: fix-up for mirror
move".  However, as far as I can tell, the second commit didn't actually
do anything.  The "svm:mirror" property in the root directory still
has the old value, svk diff reports no differences at all for the last
commit, and even svn diff (with a file:/// URL) reports no differences
at all for the last commit.  The db/revs/${number} file looks as though it
was trying to set the svm:mirror property, but the new value is identical to
the old value.

I tried manually editing the svm:mirror property via svk propedit, but
that's apparently not enough to make "svk mirror --list" believe that
it's a valid mirror.

svk --version says "This is svk, version 1.99_03 (using Subversion bindings
1.4.0)".

Does anybody have a bug fix for me, or instructions for what properties
I can manually edit to make things work again, or what I can do
differently next time?  I can easily revert the repository to the old
state.

--apb (Alan Barrett)