[svk-devel] Basic SVK module usage

Paul Cochrane paultcochrane at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 04:49:43 EST 2006

John,

Thanks heaps for the reply!

Unfortunately, I'm still having no joy.

> Note that 'svk info' pulls in the ~/.svk/config file in order to
> determine what checkouts exist.  I suspect if you put the actual path to
> the .svk directory up there where you have './' then you will have much
> more luck...

Here's a new version of the code:

use SVK;
use SVK::XD;
use SVK::Util qw(catfile);

my $svkpath = $ENV{SVKROOT} || catfile($ENV{HOME}, ".svk");
my $xd = SVK::XD->new( depotpath => { '' => $svkpath } );
#$xd->find_repos_from_co();

my $output;
my $svk = SVK->new( xd => $xd, output => \$output );
# serialize the $xd object for future use.
$svk->ls('//'); # check $output for its output

This still produces no output; even when I set the depotpath explicitly to:
depotpath => { '' => '/home/cochrane/.svk' }

And in each case, when I uncomment the $xd method call, I always get:
path /home/cochrane/sourceforge/parrot is not a checkout path.

The output of svk info (within this directory) is:
Checkout Path: /home/cochrane/sourceforge/parrot
Depot Path: //parrot/local
Revision: 5327
Last Changed Rev.: 5327
Copied From: /parrot/remote, Rev. 4812
Merged From: /parrot/remote, Rev. 5326

BTW: I'm using svk version 1.08 if that helps.

Any help in getting this going (in general, so that it's not dependent
upon my machine and setup) would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Paul