[svk-devel] Basic SVK module usage

Paul Cochrane paultcochrane at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 05:43:25 EST 2006

Stig,

Thanks for the suggestion :-)
> > This still produces no output; even when I set the depotpath
> > explicitly to:
> > depotpath => { '' => '/home/cochrane/.svk' }
>
> That's probably not the depotpath -- do 'svk depot -l' to get a list
> (you probably want '/home/cochrane/.svk/local')

'svk depot -l' shows '/home/cochrane/.svk/local' to be my depotpath.
However, using this in the code still doesn't work.

use strict;
use warnings;

use SVK;
use SVK::XD;
use SVK::Util qw(catfile);

my $xd = SVK::XD->new( depotpath => { '' => '/home/cochrane/.svk/local' } );
$xd->find_repos_from_co();

Gives the error:
path /home/cochrane/sourceforge/parrot is not a checkout path.

Interestingly enough, if I run the script from another directory, the
error output mentions the new directory as also not being a checkout
path.  For instance, from within
/home/cochrane/sourceforge/parrot/t/codingstd I get the error:

path /home/cochrane/sourceforge/parrot/t/codingstd is not a checkout path.

so it's almost as if what I'm passing to new() is being completely ignored.

BTW: what does the first '' in the depotpath hash refer to?  What
other values can it take?  For instance, I've also tried
'//parrot/local' in the first part (before the depotpath) and that
gives exactly the same error.

Thanks to everyone for the help on this issue.

Paul