[svk-devel] 2.0-pre "svk pull" tries to merge back to mirror source?

David Glasser glasser at mit.edu
Tue Oct 10 23:45:40 EDT 2006

On 10/10/06, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
> I've got the following:
>
>  svk mirror -l
>  Path                    Source
>  ============================================================
>  //mirrors/gnucash       svn+ssh://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash
>
>  svk co //mirrors/gnucash/branches/swig-redo src
>
> Now some changes are made to the repository, so I want to "svk pull":
>
> [warlord at cliodev src]$ svk --version
> This is svk, version 1.99_01.
> [warlord at cliodev src]$ svk pull
> Enter passphrase for key '/home/warlord/.ssh/id_dsa':
> Syncing svn+ssh://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash
> Retrieving log information from 14993 to 14994
> Enter passphrase for key '/home/warlord/.ssh/id_dsa':
> Committed revision 13460 from revision 14993.
> Committed revision 13461 from revision 14994.
> Auto-merging (13046, 13413) /mirrors/gnucash/trunk to /mirrors/gnucash/branches/swig-redo (base /mirrors/gnucash/trunk:13046).
> Merging back to mirror source svn+ssh://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash.
> Enter passphrase for key '/home/warlord/.ssh/id_dsa':
> Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic).
> Network connection closed unexpectedly: Connection closed unexpectedly
>
> Why is it trying to merge back to mirror source during the pull?
>
> I suppose I should update and see if this is still an issue, but
> I hadn't seen any reports about this.

Presumably because trunk was merged from that branch.

There's some tension in the definition of push/pull.  Some like to
think of it as being intimately related to the concept of mirroring --
push to the remote repo, pull from.  On the other hand, it's sort of
just a synonym for smerging to and from (with update in the pull
case).  We should probably make a more firm decision about that at
some point.

--dave

--
David Glasser | glasser at mit.edu | http://www.davidglasser.net/