[svk-devel] Re: 2.0-pre "svk pull" tries to merge back to mirror source?

David Glasser glasser at mit.edu
Wed Oct 11 09:37:43 EDT 2006

On 10/11/06, Pazu <pazu at pazu.com.br> wrote:
> Still, svk shouldn't smerge *to* the remote repo during a pull. AFAIK, a
> pull should merge to the local repo, while a push would merge to the
> remote repo.

Well, here's the question:

svk cp //mirror/project/trunk //local/project/branch
svk co //local/project/branch
svk pull

svk cp //mirror/project/trunk //mirror/project/branch
svk co //mirror/project/branch
svk pull

The fact that one branch happens to be stored locally and the other
happens to be stored on a server doesn't say to me that "pull to the
branch" should be different in the two cases.

On the other hand, people certainly do get bitten by "svk pull makes a
merge happen from a totally unexpected copy, on the server".

--dave

--
David Glasser | glasser at mit.edu | http://www.davidglasser.net/