[svk-devel] Re: Mercurial (and NOT svk) chosen as Distributed SCM for OpenSolaris... Do we "Know" the reasons for rejection?

Daniel Jacobowitz drow at false.org
Sun Sep 24 00:32:23 EDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 02:34:00PM +0100, Chia-Liang Kao wrote:
> On 21/09/06, F. Javier Jarava <jjarava at secuware.com> wrote:
> >And yes, svk is very convenient and an overall win, but soemtimes it's
> >sloooooooooooW!!
>
> Are there specific commands you are experiencing the slowness?

Speaking for myself, the SVK tab completion is neat - but so slow that
I try very hard not to use it.  Every time it has to start SVK my
prompt doesn't come back for half a second or more.  Raw startup time
just loads too much; last time I profiled it, it was mostly in the SVN
modules.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery