[svk-devel] svk push and logmessages.

Marijn P. Vriens marijn at metronomo.cl
Thu Sep 28 11:47:00 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I am a svk user in a svn environment. We have a central SVN repository that
has the final word on the state of the code.

I use the "make a //local copy of a //mirror-ed branch" technique to make
commits that exist only locally, since they are part of my coding process
(one code change, one commit). When a feature is ready I push my changes back
to the svn repos for the rest to see via "$ svk push -l" since the various
local commits are not much of anybodies else's interest.

It works quite well. However, the log messages of the final svn commit do not
describe the intent of the new commit, but the intent of all the small
commits. I would like to be able to be able to change the log message
generated by "svk push -l", so that i can prepend a comment that explains the
entire commit.

Any ideas?

Regards,
	Marijn.