[svk-devel] Help using svk in a staging development environment.

Brice Figureau brice+svk at daysofwonder.com
Wed Apr 4 08:50:55 EDT 2007

Hi,

Right now we are using SVN in a pure straightforward way to add source
control to a bunch of website developpement. Basically, every developper
commits to the trunk and when everyone is ready we push (with a small
shellscript) the HEAD to production servers.

We're decided to use SVK, mainly to allow each developper to work on
local feature branches without polluting the main repository.

Now, we also want to implement a kind of staging development paradigm,
where we could have a release and a testing branch that would be used
respectively to build our website on production servers or on testing
server.

Unfortunately I'm still a newbie with SVK, and I must admit I don't know
how I can achieve the aforementioned goal.

Does it make sense if we setup a release branch in the SVN repository
that is svk locally sync'ed, and then developpers "svk push" to this
branch when they want changes to be applied ?

In a word what are the best practices to setup such environment ?
Thanks for your help :-)
--
Brice Figureau <brice+svk at daysofwonder.com>