[svk-devel] smerge/pull with renames

Jason Dillon jason at planet57.com
Tue Apr 10 17:19:36 EDT 2007

I found another minor issue with --track-rename, seems that when a
module is renamed on a target, and a new directory is added to the
source, when smerge'ing, svk2 dies with something like:

<snip>
Name does not refer to a filesystem directory: Path 'framework/
geronimo-naming-builder/src/test/resources' not present
</snip>

Trying to smerge it by hand does the same thing:

<snip>
svk sm //mirrors/geronimo-server/trunk/modules/geronimo-naming-
builder/src/test/resources framework/geronimo-naming-builder/src/test/
resources -C
Filesystem has no item: File not found: revision 17177, path '/
geronimo/server-reorg/framework/geronimo-naming-builder/src/test/
resources'
</snip>

But cp does the right thing:

<snip>
svk cp //mirrors/geronimo-server/trunk/modules/geronimo-naming-
builder/src/test/resources framework/geronimo-naming-builder/src/test/
resources -C
A   framework/geronimo-naming-builder/src/test/resources
A   framework/geronimo-naming-builder/src/test/resources/annotation
A   framework/geronimo-naming-builder/src/test/resources/annotation/
env-entry-expected.xml
A   framework/geronimo-naming-builder/src/test/resources/annotation/
service-ref-expected.xml
A   framework/geronimo-naming-builder/src/test/resources/annotation/
empty-web-src.xml
</snip>

I was expecting that smerge would merge over new directories into the
correct path (basically invoking cp to pull in the new version
history), but its not.

And even after I commit the above cp to add the files, svk smerge
still dies with the "Name does not refer to a filesystem
directory..." error, which now leaves my re-organized tree in an
unusable state, I can't pull in new changes from trunk.

How can I get past this w/o loosing all of my work already on moving
things around?

--jason