[svk-devel] Newbie question: "renaming" a mirrored depot

Matthew Draper matthew at trebex.net
Mon Aug 6 20:50:55 EDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 09:46:25AM -0400, Agustín Villena wrote:
> I have some depot
>
> //opensvn-myproject
>
> that mirror
> http://opensvn.csie.org/myproject
>
> I want to "rename" the depot, e.g.g
> //opensvn-myproject => //mirror/openssvn-myproject
>
> The only command found to do this job is "svk move",
>
> svk move //opensvn-myproject //mirror/openssvn-myproject
>
> but after this, //mirror/openssvn-myproject does not appers in the mirrors
> list (svk mirror -l)

Yes, you've just run into a (rather unpleasant) known issue.

I would suggest you start with:
   svk pe svm:mirror //

Note that those paths are internal to the depot, so they start with a
single slash.

The second change you'll need to make is to copy the svm:headrev revprop
from the last mirrored revision of the old path, onto the current head
revision of the new path. It's possible svk mi --recover will do that
for you... I'm not sure whether it follows copies. If it doesn't, I
would strongly suggest confirming with clkao whether making that change
manually will cause massive amounts of future pain and/or breakage. :)

Matthew

matthew at trebex.net