[svk-devel] propset from a file?

Andrew Ruder andy at aeruder.net
Fri Feb 2 19:37:48 EST 2007

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 05:46:46PM -0500, David Golden wrote:
> Would it be possible to add a new option to "propset" that takes the
> property value from a file?  This would be a big help for
> automatically setting common properties for svn:ignore across a number
> of repositories or paths.  (E.g. "--source")
>
>  $ svk propset svn:ignore --source usual_suspects.txt trunk

For what it is worth (until this needed option is added to svk), you can
do it pretty easy with propset still.  Try something like

props="`cat usual_suspects.txt`"
svk propset svn:ignore "$props" trunk

That's what I usually do until there is a bit better of a workaround.

Cheers,
Andy

--
Andrew Ruder <andy at aeruder.net>