[svk-devel] Can I merge two svn branches in svk?

Badai Aqrandista badaiaqrandista at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 00:03:34 EST 2007

Hi,

I have two branches on my SVN repository, just say /branches/dev-a and
/branches/dev-b.

Now I want to start using SVK. Is it possible to merge both branches
in an SVK local branch? Following is the steps of the failed attempt
that I've tried. I can't think of any other ways to do it.

First, I set up the mirror repos:

$ svk mkdir //mirror
$ svk mirror svn://mainrepo.com/branches/dev-a //mirror/dev-a
$ svk sync //mirror/dev-a
$ svk mirror svn://mainrepo.com/branches/dev-b //mirror/dev-b
$ svk sync //mirror/dev-b

Then, I create the local branch:

$ svk mkdir //local
$ svk cp //mirror/dev-a //local/dev-merged

Then I do the merge:

$ svk smerge //mirror/dev-b //local/dev-merged

The last step failed with message: "Can't find merge base for
/mirror/dev-b and /local/dev-merged"

Can anyone point out what I should do to merge //mirror/dev-a and
//mirror/dev-b into //local/dev-merged?

--
Thanks,
Badai Aqrandista (cheepy)