[svk-devel] win32 pool issues and pipelining

David Golden xdaveg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 14:26:12 EST 2007

On 1/6/07, Chia-Liang Kao <clkao at clkao.org> wrote:
> One thing you might have some clues - if you enable pipelining on
> win32 (look for IS_WIN32 in SVK::Mirror::Backend::SVNRa), it segfaults
> with "free to wrong pool".
> I traced this down to perl's fork() on win32 and apr pool hating each
> other.  I am assuming the pseudo-process that fork() is using on win32
> are stepping on each other when we are doing our own memory management
> via apr pools...

It's remarkable that I can package Vanilla Perl given how little clue
I tend to have about internals/compilers/C.  :-)

I assume you've seen "perldoc perlfork" -- the other think I could
suggest is maybe using a CLONE() method that could coordinate better
with APR's memory management.  But now I'm over my head again.

That's all I can suggest,
David