[svk-devel] Trying to get svk working on Mac OS X

Mark Lundquist lundquist.mark at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 14:29:29 EST 2007

On Jan 15, 2007, at 9:01 AM, Michael Brouwer wrote:

> You need to install the subversion-1.4.2-2.dmg package as well as the
> SVK package.

Sorry, I should have mentioned... I'm a long-time Subversion user,
built it from source and running it on my laptop... and I thought I
built it with swig (for Trac) but maybe not (since I never did get Trac
running... haven't had a chance to get back to that yet!)... anyway
yeah, I'll check out my Subversion build and make sure it's up to
snuff...

> That said the packages on my website were built on 10.4.8 and have not
> been tested on Mac OS X 10.3.9.  (Mainly due to 10.3.x having an
> ancient version of perl that some of the packages that SVK depends on
> didn't like) If you run into problems I suggest you either upgrade to
> 10.4.x or download the package sources and build svn and svk from
> source.
>
> Another option is to use fink to install SVK, I've heard from the fink
> people that it's supposed to be much less painful now than it used to
> be.  This will probably also install a more recent perl than what came
> with 10.3.x so it should work smoother.

My Perl is 5.8.1... that's not too ancient, is it?  IIRC I have
upgraded it w.r.t. the OS X distribution (probably, again, for Trac)...

—ml—