[svk-devel] SVN mirroring with different credentials

Mark Burton mark.burton at greensocs.com
Sun Jan 21 15:01:29 EST 2007

I had the same problem
My solution is - frankly - disgusting - so DONT do it - but lease tell
me a better way!

I did this...
  I set up a user name to match the credentials needed - for me this
makes sense anyway, but it is not ideal.
	-) From that user, I did a check in - it's used the users name, I
provided the password
	-) I then copied the cached server credentials file (in
~name/.subversion/auth/svn.simple/....) from this user to the user that
would actually do the check in.
Now, hey- presto - the user that does the check in, sees a cached
credentials file and uses it.

If you haven't reached for the sick bag yet, you probably should have
done. At least, you should note that this will ONLY work for _ONE_
user.

Of course, you could try (as I did) to "fool" svk into believing that
the real user is a different user by setting $HOME and $USER. This
works fine for SVK (it reads it's configuration from ~HOME/.svk etc) -
but totally fails to fool the underlying subversion - so you end up
with a bit of a dog's dinner...

Please, somebody on the list  - give us a better way :-)
	(like a -user -password flag?)

Cheers

Mark.