[svk-devel] "author" user name reflected in "mirrored" repositories

Mark Burton mark.burton at greensocs.com
Sun Jan 21 17:22:26 EST 2007

Correct me if I'm wrong but this isn't really an SVK problem, but the
SVN server that we are mirroring.
The thing is, the SVN server will probably "stamp" the Author on - no
matter what SVK does.

So, I talked to some svn people, and of course, there is a way round it
- we could use svn propset --revprop -r N svn:author to set the author
to the right thing after we've done the check in
	But this relies on the pre-revprop-change being in place for the SVN
repository....

Well - for me at least, the reason I'm going to this pain is 90% about
the fact that I can't edit the hook scripts in the "source" repository
(SourceForge) - so - catch 22 :-(

My solution (and it seems to be a common one) will be to add the Author
info into the log message
http://subversion.tigris.org/hacking.html#crediting

Hope this helps

Cheers