[svk-devel] SVN mirroring with different credentials

Thu Jan 25 07:40:55 EST 2007

On 1/25/07, Andrew Ruder <andy at aeruder.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 03:45:03AM +0200, Alexandru Popescu wrote:
> > If you are involved in OSS projects, you will notice that not all the
> > time you can pick the user to exactly match what you have on your
> > machine. So, in this case svk usage is completely useless, as
> > committing back to the source repository doesn't really work.
>
> Alex,
>
> Actually, svk picks up on subversions caching of username/password.  So
> if you (for example) make a commit to your sourceforge repository with
> subversion and you have subversion save the credentials, svk will pick
> up on that caching too.

I know, but where are those credentials comming from?

This is the normal cycle, so I am not sure where those credential
would get introduced:

svk mirror
svk sync
svk copy
svk checkout
svk update
svk commit

No way to pass them the credentials. Or... I am just missing something
- which I hope is the case.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.