[svk-devel] SVN mirroring with different credentials

Andrew Ruder andy at aeruder.net
Thu Jan 25 18:37:41 EST 2007

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 02:04:42PM -0800, Mark Lundquist wrote:
> >Use the SVN client to do what?
>
> Anything, e.g. "svn ls".  After that, the credentials will be cached,
> right?

Well, maybe.  In sourceforge's case, it is read-only by all, so you need
to perform a write with the svn client.  But in order to force a cache
of credentials just do something like this:

=================================
~ % svn co --quiet https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/netclasses/trunk netclasses-trunk
.subversion/         .subversion_backup/

Error validating server certificate for 'https://svn.sourceforge.net:443':
 - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
   fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
Certificate information:
 - Hostname: *.sourceforge.net
 - Valid: from Thu, 08 Dec 2005 19:40:07 GMT until Wed, 07 Feb 2007 19:40:07 GMT
 - Issuer: Equifax Secure Certificate Authority, Equifax, US
 - Fingerprint: 49:b8:cb:87:04:8c:49:39:45:83:dd:4c:cf:c7:54:57:b0:9e:84:5d
(R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? p

=================================
~ % svn propset cachecredentials "just caching, ignore this change" netclasses-trunk
property 'cachecredentials' set on 'netclasses-trunk'

=================================
~ % svn commit -m "adding cached credentials (p.s. this is a hack)" netclasses-trunk
Authentication realm: <https://svn.sourceforge.net:443> SourceForge Subversion area
Password for 'andy': <just press return here>
Authentication realm: <https://svn.sourceforge.net:443> SourceForge Subversion area
Username: aeruder
Password for 'aeruder': ******
Sending        netclasses-trunk

Committed revision 124.

=================================
~ % svn propdel cachecredentials netclasses-trunk
property 'cachecredentials' deleted from 'netclasses-trunk'.

=================================
~ % svn commit -m "removing property created in last change" netclasses-trunk
Sending        netclasses-trunk

Committed revision 125.

Notice when I made my second commit it no longer asked me for credentials (it cached on my first commit).  Now, whenever I commit to that repository via my svk mirror, it is cached too.

It is a pain, but hey, it works for me.

- Andy

--
Andrew Ruder <andy at aeruder.net>