[svk-devel]what should I do if I recreate a mirror for merging?

Tony Wu wuyuehao at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 04:07:02 EST 2007

I have a problem.

I mirrored two svn repos before, for example,

//mirror1 is a mirror of http://remote1/repos/project/trunk
//mirror2 is a mirror of hrrp://remote2/repos/project/trunk

I run "svk sm -B //mirror1 //mirror2" daily and everything goes well.

But now the trunk is not able to run "svn update" any more so that I
have to mirror its sub directory of trunk separately.

Thus, I detached the //mirror1 and then recreate another //mirror1 for
http://remote1/repos/project/trunk/module/m1.
When I tried "svk sm //mirror1 //mirror2/module/m1 -B", I found almost
all of the files need to be merged and there are many conflicts. I'm
confused about that. Would anybody help to explain what was going on
during my operation? Is there any easy way to handle the merge when I
have to recreate a mirror?

--
Tony Wu
China Software Development Lab, IBM