[svk-devel]Does the smerge support inner conflict messages like update

Tony Wu wuyuehao at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 05:02:12 EST 2007

Hi,

for example, if conflict was found during update operation, the
conflict message will be write into the file. for example,

Salami
Mortadella
Prosciutto
Djon Mustard
==== ORIGINAL VERSION sandwich.txt 112646405792039
Provolone
Creole Mustard
==== THEIR VERSION sandwich.txt 112646405792039
Provolone
Sauerkraut
Grilled Chicken
Creole Mustard
<<<< 112646405792039

But I have not found a switch for smerge doing the similar things.
When I sync the code between two depots, I have to handle the merge
manually during the operation. I want to do the sync between 2 depots
automatically, is it possible for me to record the conflicts and fix
them later as the update operation does?

--
Tony Wu
China Software Development Lab, IBM