[svk-devel] SVK SVN Mirroring Scenario

Stine, Matt Matt.Stine at STJUDE.ORG
Tue Jul 10 10:33:33 EDT 2007

I had an idea, let me know if this would work.  Suppose I do the dump
procedure. I still need to provide the externals for our internal
development work. What if I branch this new repository and then remove
the svn:externals property from the branch? I could then schedule a
regular merge from the trunk to the branch and then mirror the branch.
Would that serve to filter out the externals?

- Matt
matt.stine at stjude.org

-----Original Message-----
From: svk-devel-bounces at bestpractical.com
[mailto:svk-devel-bounces at bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Daniel
Jacobowitz
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 6:36 AM
To: svk-devel at bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [svk-devel] SVK SVN Mirroring Scenario

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 06:08:18PM -0500, Stine, Matt wrote:
> Ok, I obviously didn't state this right. We started out with the
> to-be-open-sourced code and the proprietary code in the same "project"
> (folder) of the repository. I then moved the proprietary code to
another
> "project" (folder) of the same repository. So now I have this:
>
> project/trunk
> proprietaryProject/trunk
>
> I included the folders of proprietaryProject back into project as
> svn:externals:
>
> project/trunk/proprietary_lib (via svn:externals)
>
> We will continue to make changes to project/trunk and check them in,
> which will be mirrored nightly.

Like Justin, I would encourage you to dump and filter.  You can dump
your current repository, filter the dump, load up the new repository
at Google Code, and then mirror that repository back to your local
site.  Or, if you want, you can load the dump locally into a new
repository and then mirror it.

There's no way to mirror incremental revisions and reliably avoid
showing some files.  There's also no way to have mirroring filter out
your externals.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery