[svk-devel] Strange svk update behavior...

Brice Figureau brice+svk at daysofwonder.com
Fri Jul 13 06:00:13 EDT 2007

Hi,

I found a strange behavior on:
[user at host ~/svk/project/build]$ svk -v
This is svk, version v2.0.1 (using Subversion bindings 1.4.2)

I did mistakenly deleted an up to date file from one of my svk checkout:
[user at host ~/svk/project/build]$ svk status
[user at host ~/svk/project/build]$ rm build_all.sh

A svk status reports the file as missing:
[user at host ~/svk/project/build]$ svk status
!   build_all.sh

But a svk update doesn't bring it, unlike svn or even cvs:
[user at host ~/svk/project/build]$ svk update
Syncing //branches/project/build(/branches/project/build) in /home/user/svk/project/build to 4141.
[user at host ~/svk/project/build]$ svk status
!   build_all.sh

The only workaround I found is to recreate the file and revert it!
[user at host ~/svk/project/build]$ touch build_all.sh
[user at host ~/svk/project/build]$ svk revert build_all.sh
Reverted build_all.sh
[user at host ~/svk/project/build]$ svk status
[user at host ~/svk/project/build]$

Is it the intended behavior ? Or is it a bug ?
Is there a better workaround ?

This problem also appears if you have a file in the checkout but not yet
into svk and that someone adds it to the upstream repository before you
and you pull it. The file is skipped, but even after deletion it can't
come back...

Thanks,
--
Brice Figureau <brice+svk at daysofwonder.com>