[svk-devel] Usage scenarios

Sun Jul 29 06:40:30 EDT 2007

Hi all!

Firstly I must apologize for sending this out to a dev list, but as I
mentioned in a previous post, in the past I haven't been able to get
answers on the #irc (maybe because of the timezone difference).

In the past I have used SVK for mirroring remote SVN repos  with local
branches, etc (much as the main intend of SVK).

Now, I am wondering if the following usage scenarios are valid or not:

1/ Directly use a mirrored remote SVN (with/without SVN clients)

Say I am mirroring a remote SVN repo locally:

svn mirror http://remote-server/project_name/trunk //project_name/trunk

And then my local working copy is a checkout of this
//project_name/trunk and not some branch of it.

Q: My current understanding is that this scenario is synonymous to
working with the remote SVN directly (normal SVN usage). Is this
correct?

Q: For this scenario, can I use the normal SVN client tools?

2/ Use svk for local development only (no remote repos)

Q: Is there any documentation on how to use svk for local development?
I have passed through the whole online docs, but most probably I have
missed this part -- I am pretty sure it is there somewhere. Would you
mind to point me to it please?

Many thanks in advance for your time,

./alex
--