[svk-devel] Usage scenarios

David Golden xdaveg at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 17:32:58 EDT 2007

> So, if I am getting it right working with a local svk is exactly the
> same/extrmely similar to working with a local svn.

It's almost exactly the same -- particularly since SVK is just using a
local subversion repository behind the scenes.  What is particularly
nice with SVK is that you can reference "//whatever" instead of
"http://some/path/to/whatever", plus you also have all of SVK's nice
smerge features.

SVK is really just a utility for managing a local repository. E.g.
SVK's "mirror" is just mirroring a remove subversion repository into
your local subversion repository -- and then keeping track of that
fact so that you can pull/push from the remote repository
automatically.

You can even delete a mirror link without losing the copy in your
local repository -- only the link is severed.  Whatever is in your
local repository is still there until you delete it.

Regards,
David