[svk-devel] Non-interactive use of "svk info"

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Jun 6 13:16:19 EDT 2007

On Jun 6, 2007, at 12:07 PM, Adam D. Barratt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm invesigating Debian bug #420899 (http://bugs.debian.org/420899)
> which relates to the non-interactive use of "svk info".
>
> The script in question attempts to automagically determine whether
> it is being called from within a VCS managed directory. In the case
> of svk, it calls "svk info ." and parses the output. Unfortunately,
> if the directory /isn't/ an SVK checkout, a prompt is raised as to
> whether ~/.svk/local should be created which causes the script to
> hang until the user kills the SVK process.
>
> Is it possible to call "svk info" from outside a checkout location
> without having the prompt raised? Alternatively, is there a more
> useful means of determining whether a directory is part of an svk
> checkout without any interactive prompts being raised?

pinglin:~ jesse$ svk info
path /Users/jesse is not a checkout path.

I think you only run into what you're seeing if the user has never
initialized svk. Perhaps you want to probe ~/.svk/local to see if it
exists. (Also, have a look at the SVKHOME environment variable so you
look in the right place ;)