[svk-devel] Non-interactive use of "svk info"

Adam D. Barratt lists+svk-devel at adam-barratt.org.uk
Wed Jun 6 18:24:04 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 17:43 -0400, David Kaufman wrote:
> Adam D. Barratt <lists+svk-devel at adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:
> >
> > David Kaufman lied:
> >> Either the *presence* of the SVKROOT environment variable (even set
> >> to an empty string), or the existence of ~/.svk/ is enough to make
> >> the "svk info" command run non-interactively.
> >
> > Has that changed recently? I still get prompted :-(
> >
> > adam:~$ ls -ltrd /home/adam/.svk/
> > drwxr-xr-x 3 adam adam 4096 2007-06-06 21:59 /home/adam/.svk/
>
> ah, my bad.  You are right.  My test assumes that ~/.svk was created by
> someone *using* svk and therfore initializing the repository...

It was a fair assumption :-)

Unfortunately the code needs to be able to deal with the case in which
svk has been installed but never used. At least one person has a
real-world system set up in that fashion or we wouldn't have received
the bug report. :)

> So yes, I guess the only way to suppress the prompt is to avoid running
> svk info unless the directory (not file) ~/svk/local exists, as your
> pseudocode does.

Thanks for clarifying that "local" would be a directory. It makes sense
but the penny hadn't dropped for some reason.

Many thanks for your help and to everyone else who replied.

Adam