[svk-devel] svk:merge out of control

Russ Brown pickscrape at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 17:17:29 EDT 2007

Michael Peters wrote:
> My co-workers have been complaining and I've started to get annoyed by it to.
> Today I committed a 1 line change that resulting in a 83k email because the
> svk-merge property is getting out of control.
>
> I've done some merging between some branches recently, but it seems to be
> getting worse with each commit, whether it's a merge or not.
>
> Any ideas about how this happened? Any more ideas about how to fix it?
>
> <snip>

This is interesting. It looks like it's similar in some ways to the
newline escaping in properties problem that I've been having. I
discussed it with clkao in IRC but I couldn't get it to happen
consistently enough to really be able to debug it.

In my case setting properties would cause any newlines to be replaced
with hard \n character pairs. Specifically, use of svn:ignore was
impossible.

I don't however appear to be having any problems with the svk:merge
property, so maybe it's not related in the slightest...

--

Russ