[svk-devel] svk:merge out of control

Nick Mathewson nickm at freehaven.net
Tue Jun 12 19:42:50 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 02:43:45PM -0400, Michael Peters wrote:
> My co-workers have been complaining and I've started to get annoyed by it to.
> Today I committed a 1 line change that resulting in a 83k email because the
> svk-merge property is getting out of control.
>
> I've done some merging between some branches recently, but it seems to be
> getting worse with each commit, whether it's a merge or not.
>
> Any ideas about how this happened? Any more ideas about how to fix
> it?

For the projects I work on, we just use a variant of the standard svn
commit-email script.  I've put a copy up at
    http://www.wangafu.net/~nickm/svk/

Instead of the big pile of svk:merge tokens, it makes commit emails that
look like:

Property changes on: tor/trunk
 svk:merge ticket from /tor/trunk [r13364] on 8246c3cf-6607-4228-993b-4d95d33730f1

This has kept the people on the commits email list from killing me in
the past.

yrs,
--
Nick Mathewson