[svk-devel] Re: Still problems using svk w/svn.apache.org

Jason Dillon jason at planet57.com
Sat Mar 3 00:15:22 EST 2007

The plot thickens... after looking into this further... the ASF infra
folks have allowed access to mirror the entire geronimo/ project tree
out of the single asf repo, as it was suggested that the copy from
geronimo/sandbox/... to geronimo/server/... was causing the problem
below.

So I set a mirror for http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo (and
also tried https too) and now every time I try the sync gets to:

<snip>
Committed revision 3253 from revision 159756.
</snip>

And then hangs... does not eat up cpu, does not make any connections
to the svn server... just stops doing anything.

Re-running the sync produces the same basic results... hits the
server a few times, then appears to stop doing anything.  It spits
out only this:

<snip>
Syncing http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo
Retrieving log information from 159757 to 514079
</snip>

And after hours and hours of it doing nothing at all, CTRL-C, spits
this out:

<snip>
Interrupted.
perl(8932) malloc: ***  Deallocation of a pointer not malloced:
0x30e1000; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the
middle of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable
MallocHelp to see tools to help debug
perl(8932) malloc: ***  Deallocation of a pointer not malloced:
0x30dd000; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the
middle of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable
MallocHelp to see tools to help debug
perl(8932) malloc: ***  Deallocation of a pointer not malloced:
0x3025a00; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the
middle of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable
MallocHelp to see tools to help debug
perl(8932) malloc: ***  Deallocation of a pointer not malloced:
0x310057b; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the
middle of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable
MallocHelp to see tools to help debug
Segmentation fault
Interrupted.
</snip>

Looking into the ktrace output, shows the last svn-ish looking
revision its trying to do something with is 159776.  This revision is
specific to geronimo, but does not appear to contain anything
abnormal, or copies from other trees outside of geronimo.

:-(

They have left the http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo open to
test svk stuff for now (normally recursive operations on entire
project trees are rejected by httpd rules).

--jason