[svk-devel] svk 2.0.1 released.

Chia-Liang Kao clkao at clkao.org
Mon Mar 26 14:38:03 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I am pleased to announce SVK 2.0.1 is now available from CPAN:

  file: $CPAN/authors/id/C/CL/CLKAO/SVK-v2.0.1.tar.gz
 size: 436832 bytes
  md5: 0013446e89497124492342cdcbdd4271

as well as http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/svk/

This is a maintenance release fixing various problems found in the
2.0.0 release.  We recommend anyone who is using 2.0.0 to upgrade.

[Changes for 2.0.1 - 26 Mar, 2007]

  Mirror subsystem
    * You can now use $SVKNORAREPLAY forcing svk to use old SVN::Mirror
      for sync.
    * Fix a bug when mirroring partial repository with copies, the from
      revision number might not be exactly the ones we have mirrored.
    * In the pipelined sync editor, use pool more wisely for invoking
      editor calls.  This fixes the memory bloat for syncing revisions
      with large number of deleted files.
    * In pipelined replay, make perl don't segfault on SIGINT.
    * Fix the bug committing to subdirs of mirrors that are on /.
    * Fix a bug preventing mirror --relocate to work on mirrors on '/'.
    * Fix a problem replaying failing with RA_DAV_REQUEST_FAILED in some
      servers.

  Merge subsystem
    * Fix a pool usage in Editor::Merge::apply_textdelta, which has a
      side-effect causing rename-tracking smerge on a new file inside a
      renamed directory to fail with SWIG-runtime error.
    * Prevent unwanted repeated merges when repeatedly merging tags to a
      branch.  We now also record the copy source(s) of the path being
      merged from in the merge ticket.
    * Fix a bug in merging moved files that are modified.
    * Fix a bug that smerge to checkout with changes to a copied file is
      causing incomplete svn delta string.
    * When merging the replaced directory, do not ignore the fact when
      the delete part is already conflicting.
    * Fix a bug when merging a copy that happened on an intermediate
      branch, which might not map back to the merge destination.

  Tools
    * verify-mirror improvements.
    * Ship vc-svk.el with the distribution.

  Others
    * Make updating a checkout that no longer exists in the depot give
      proper message.
    * Make checkout more robust when resuming a interrupted checkout.
    * Check for .svk/floating before assuming floating checkout.
    * Fix a regression which caused binary files to sometimes be
      displayed as text during an "svk diff".

Cheers,
CLK