[svk-devel] Notes on svn:externals support

Wincent Colaiuta win at wincent.com
Wed Mar 28 08:32:40 EDT 2007

I've just written up some notes on adding svn:externals support to SVK:

http://wincent.com/knowledge-base/
Implementing_svn:externals_support_in_SVK

I've also written notes about how to work around the lack of
svn:externals support in the meantime:

http://wincent.com/knowledge-base/
Working_around_the_lack_of_svn:externals_support_in_SVK

I'm currently using a hack that serves as a wrapper for SVK and gives
me the same functionality as in Subversion but which uses symlinks to
store the actual external outside of the working copy (seeing as SVK
doesn't allow nested working copies).

If anyone has any comments or suggestions I'd like to hear about them.

Cheers,
Wincent