[svk-devel] smerge/pull with renames

Jason Dillon jason at planet57.com
Wed Mar 28 18:45:33 EDT 2007

Hi... I saw some changes to svk today and I tried this again... seems
to be working now.  The t/07smerge-rename3 test seems to be okay too,
its not complaining about passing unexceptionally.

Would it be possible to get --fix-rename flags on `svk push` and `svk
pull`.... and perhaps some way to make the --fix-rename sticky?  The
refactoring work really always needs this to correctly pick up changes.

  * * *

Upon further inspection, looks like there might be something wrong
with merging changes w/renames back to their source.  Ran into a
strange problem where merging back conflicted on an example file,
which was unexpected since I just did a sm --fix-renames from the
source to sync up the changes.  When merging back to the source,
accepting "yours" ended up merging a change 2 revisions back into the
source.  Very odd.

Is this related to the bits in the test which are marked as
"todo_skip 'not working', 5;" ?

Will look into this further.  Not sure I understand how the .t files
really work or I would try to update them.  But I can probably get a
simple example with a bash script to reproduce.

I think for now the merging from source to target w/renames gets me
moving forward, though eventually I'm going to need to merge these
changes back after the refactoring is finished... and I'd like to not
have to worry about it picking strange bases to merge with or
conflict on stuff, even if the merge from the opposite direction was
just run cleanly.

--jason