[svk-devel] So... can I split it commits?

Francisco Jose Peredo fperedo at sefintab.gob.mx
Wed Oct 10 09:37:59 EDT 2007

Matthew Draper escribió:
Hi!
>> So? it is impossible to split a commit to a local svk before it is sent
>> to a remote svn?
>> is it plain impossible? (completly against svk? or could skv be tweaked
>> easly to do it?)
>>

> The "easiest" way I can think of to achieve what you want would be the
> following:
>
> 1. Apply the reverse of the commit in question (merge -c -123) to your
> local branch

Can I do that to the local branch? (the fact that I am using SVN and not
SVK to access it doesn't prevent me from reversing commits? if I made
several commits... do I have to reverse them all one by one? or can I
reverse to a particular commit in the past in a "single shot" ?)

> 2. Lump-push your branch (which should have zero net effect)

By Lump-push you mean: svk push --lump ? why should I do it if it will
have a "zero net effect" (that sounds like it does nothing)

> 3. Apply the commit to a local checkout (merge -c 123)

Gulp... I have to admit I am not that experienced in SVK... by now I am
lost...
> 4. Commit the files separately, as required
> 5. Push normally
>
> Hope that helps,

Thanks!, I am hoping that too... maybe I am asking for too much but...
could you explain me how to do this with example commands? currently I
am following the instructions in "Using SVK as a repository mirroring
system
<http://svk.bestpractical.com/view/UsingSVKAsARepositoryMirroringSystem>"...
what should I do different to follow your instructions?
Thanks again...
Regards
Francisco