[svk-devel] Test file for bug #29945 (merge tickets corruption)

Brice Figureau brice+svk at daysofwonder.com
Wed Oct 17 05:07:27 EDT 2007

Hi,

As requested by clkao yesterday on #svk, I implemented a perl test file
(attached to this e-mail) that checks that "svk push" produces an
out-of-date error condition when trying to propset 'svk:merge' with
out-dated merge-tickets.

For this test to succeed you need:
 1) either the subversion trunk (any trunk less than 1 year should do
it) or any 1.4.x with the backport of fix for subversion bug #2608
applied.

and
 2) the latest svk fix clkao did yesterday that resides in the
ticket-bug svn branch.

As this is my first journey in perl tests (and svk perl code too),
please excuse any error or mispractice about this test file.

I verified that the test succeeds if the aforementioned conditions are
met, and that it fails if both (or only one) of the conditions are not
applying.

Unfortunately, the fix for subversion #2608 is still not backported to
the subversion branch 1.4.x (it lacks one vote, so clkao please vote for
it :-)).

I don't know what are clkao plans for merging the ticket-bug it fixed
yesterday, but that would be terrific to have it soon (why not in
2.0.3?), as we are encountering this issue on a regular basis with
various bad side-effects.

Anyway, thanks to you, clkao for fixing this issue...
--
Brice Figureau <brice+svk at daysofwonder.com>