[svk-devel] Default commandline options/flags

Michael Hendricks michael at ndrix.org
Wed Oct 17 11:09:46 EDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 11:03:04AM -0400, John Peacock wrote:
>  I occurs to me that it would be nice to be able to say that when I run:
>
>  	$ svk push
>
>  what I really mean is:
>
>  	$ svk push --verbatim --review-message
>
>  Now, sure I could write a wrapper which would do this, but wouldn't it be
>  better if I could add default flags to a given option directly into
>  .svk/config?  Before I start working on this, does anyone have any better
>  ideas how this should work?

I submitted a patch several months ago (a year maybe) which added
support for this.  I'm no longer actively using SVK, but there was a
short thread following the patch with clkao's ideas of how this should
be implemented.  As I recall, the sticking point was making default
options configurable on a per-depot basis.

--
Michael