[svk-devel] The Future of SVK

John Peacock john.peacock at havurah-software.org
Thu May 28 19:42:27 EDT 2009

Glen Ogilvie wrote:
> As it sounds like unless the community steps up development, SVK might not
> work at some point in the future, is the any other tools that offer the clean
> checkouts of SVK?

There is already a problem with using the Subversion bindings with Perl
5.10.0 (something that I have been unable to fix).  However, the WC_NG
(Working Copy Next Generation) initiative within Subversion is supposed
to yield meta-data-free working copies by 1.7.0, so it won't been that
long until a lot of the features that SVK provides now will be available
in the mainline tools...

I was sure this was going to happen sooner or later, but I have to agree
with the others - Three Cheers for CLK and Best Practical for supporting
SVK!

John