[rt-devel] Rt and Oracle

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Wed Apr 12 04:24:04 EDT 2000

> I can't speak for Oracle, but I know that DB2 has support for the BLOB type,
> althought it akes fairly excessive use of binds.  I'll have to de some
> research for that.

I've had some experience with Solid, and it had a "long varchar" - but
when using this extensively, the DB server got extremely slow and sucked
all available hard disk space.  Luckily, mysql is a bit better suited for
handling blobs :)

There might be that somebody might want to have the data stored in files
and only have the meta data stored in the DB.  Unfortunately, this will be
quite difficult to do with the new architecture.

--
Tobias Brox
aka TobiX