[rt-devel] "High priority" users

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Fri May 12 09:41:57 EDT 2000

Would anyone else than me want this feature?

[tobix]
> Good customers
> should get a higher priority than ordinary requestors, and those
> should get a higher priority than those who constantly bother us with
> stupid FAQs.

[jesse]
> That, in my mind, is fairly useless bloat. you're welcome to spend your
> time on it. but I can almost guarantee that it will stay as a contrib. item

Actually the possibility to sort out and priority requests by grouping
requestors is something we will need here.  I can hardly think that this
is the only place it's needed?

Of course a workaround is to have a separate queue for high-priority
requestors, and only give those access to the separate queue.

As earlier mentioned, in a "pure" request tracking setting (lots and lots
of requests, most requests only demand one reply, and if a request should
involve more amounts of work anyway, it should be "spawned" or moved to
the 2nd line support queue.  In this scenario priorities for the 1st
line support queue won't make any sense at all unless they are automaticly
set.

tobix at fsck.com